Compare the Indian kitchens of the early 1970s to the kitchens of today. You will find one glaring difference. Yes, we are referring to the grinding stone.
It used to be an integral part of every Indian kitchen until the arrival of the mixie (the mixer, grinder, and blender).
You have improvisations in the form of the dry grinder, the wet grinder, the food processor, and so on.
These appliances have made it more comfortable for the Indian woman today.
Let us look at some of the best food processors in India (not in any particular order of preference) before providing you helpful insights into buying the best one available on the market.
Table of Contents
- Best food processors in India 2019
- 1. Inalsa Fiesta 650-Watt Food Processor
- 2. Inalsa Wonder Maxie plus V2 700-Watt Food Processor
- 3. Philips Food Processor HL 1660 700W
- 4. Inalsa Inox 1000-Watt Food Processor
- 5. Philips Food Processor HL 1661
- 6. Wonderchef Turbo Dual Speed Food Processor
- 7. Bajaj Food Factory FX 11 600-Watt Food Processor
- 8. Philips Daily Collection HR7629/90 650-Watt Mini Food Processor
- 9. Inalsa Craze Dx 700-Watt Food Processor
- 10. Inalsa Maxie Premia 800-Watt Food Processor
- Buying Guide – Food processors
- What is a food processor?
- Factors to look for when buying a food processor
- Frequently Asked Questions
Best food processors in India 2019
1. Inalsa Fiesta 650-Watt Food Processor
- Check Price at Amazon
The food processor is the complete kitchen appliance as it takes care of almost all the aspects except cooking. You can easily call Inalsa Fiesta as the perfect Man Friday of the modern Indian woman.
Be it chopping vegetables, grinding herbs or spices, juicing, kneading the dough, and so on, the Inalsa Fiesta puts its hands up for every job. Let us look at some of the salient features of this food processor.
- The chopping blade helps you to chop the vegetables as finely as possible.
- The kneader blade ensures that the master of the kitchen need not struggle to knead the chapatti dough with her hands.
- The egg whisker does the job of whisking and blending the eggs beautifully.
- If you feel the need to have a glass of fresh juice, you can summon the assistance of the centrifugal juicer to do the job for you.
- Shredding your green vegetables has never been easier before.
- The cutter (fine and coarse) and the shredder (fine and coarse) cater to the most challenging of all tasks in the kitchen admirably.
- The French fry cutter is the perfect one for preparing the mouth-watering starters.
- The spatula completes the combination of different attachments for you.
- You get two jars, a blending jar and a grinding jar along with these attachments.
- In spite of being a heavy duty appliance, it saves electricity because of the powerful 650-watt motor
- Elegant looks complement the sturdy functions of the device
- It does not make much noise with the output being in the range of 80 to 90 decibels
- You have a manufacturer’s guarantee of 2 years on the product and 5 years on the motor.
- Not very ideal for preparing juices from hard vegetables like beetroot, and so on
Verdict: It is a good investment, considering that it caters to all the activities in the preparation of food, except cooking it.
2. Inalsa Wonder Maxie plus V2 700-Watt Food Processor
- Check Price at Amazon
Bid goodbye to the messy kitchens as you usher in a new era of the Inalsa Wonder Maxie plus Food processor. This food processor reduces a lot of load from the shoulders of the master of the modern Indian kitchen.
From grinding chutneys to chopping and mincing vegetables, you can do everything using this food processor. Kneading your dough is an easy task for this appliance. Look at some of the handy features of this wonderful kitchen aid.
- You have different blades for cutting, chopping, shredding, and mincing your vegetables, spices, and pulses.
- Kneading the chapatti atta is never a messy affair now with this food processor doing the most challenging jobs for you.
- Whipping cream from your milk or beating your eggs becomes easy thereby saving you a lot of time.
- Have a glass of fresh fruit juice including the citrus juices if you feel tired. This appliance has a separate juicer attachment for you.
- The French Fries cutter is a fantastic attachment to have.
- Mashing potatoes is a simple task now with this appliance
- The unbreakable jars are large enough to cater to the standard Indian family of four to five persons.
- You get four different types of jars along with this food processor.
- The overload protector prevents any damage caused due to overloading of your food items.
- Process your food at three different speeds depending on the requirement.
- Heavy duty food processor capable of taking on various kitchen tasks
- Considering the load it carries, the 700-Watt motor saves a lot of electricity
- Appearance wise, this food processor is perfect for the modern kitchen
- The overload protector feature is a good one
- Do not have service centres all over India
- The plastic blades for slicing and shredding can break at times. A stainless steel blade would have been better
Verdict: This food processor is a decent one if you compare the features with the price. It is an asset for the modern day kitchen.
3. Philips Food Processor HL 1660 700W
- Check Price at Amazon
With Philips, you get excellent quality. This food processor is such that you cannot operate it unless you have assembled the appliance in the right manner. It can do a variety of jobs like grinding, liquidising, grating, chopping, atta kneading, juicing, and slicing, and so on.
You get the Philips food processor with a 2-year warranty. It runs on Power Chop technology thereby delivering a better performance than any other food processor. Here are some of the exquisite features of this handy appliance.
- The 700-watt motor is an efficient one that produces an all-round performance
- The Power Chop technology is a unique one as it uses a combination of blade shape, cutting angle, and an inner bowl that provides an exemplary chopping result.
- The 2-speed settings and pulse ensures you have maximum control
- The food processor comes with dishwasher-safe accessories
- Assembling this food processor is easy.
- It has high quality stainless steel jars to enable better grinding of batters, pastes, and purees. You can also make milkshakes and lassi in the same jar.
- The sturdy base ensures that the appliance stays stable while kneading the dough
- The centrifugal juicer is perfect for preparing juice from hard and soft fruits.
- The Power Chop technology provides a better experience at chopping vegetables
- This appliance saves a lot of power
- It is a safe appliance to work with because it does not operate unless you assemble the parts correctly
- It is not very good at grating coconuts
- It does not come with a small jar for grinding spices
Verdict: Philips is a reputed name in the kitchen appliance industry. You get quality with Philips every time.
4. Inalsa Inox 1000-Watt Food Processor
- Check Price at Amazon
Inalsa Inox can enhance your cooking experience as it produces some of the best food processors in the business. The 1000-watt food processor is a powerful one capable of dealing with all activities to help you prepare the most delicious dishes for your near and dear ones.
The 2.4-litre bowl is a gigantic one. You have three more jars for dry and wet grinding. The centrifugal juicer is excellent for preparing citrus juices as well.
- The speed regulating knob allows you to control the speed and maintain consistency in cooking your favourite dishes. The 3-speed rotary switch lets you customize the speed according to your requirements.
- This food processor comes with five different functional SS disc blades for performing a variety of kitchen tasks such as kneading and chopping in addition to the regular grinding, chopping, and mincing.
- The citrus press ensures you get more juice from your citrus fruits. You save time while extracting a higher quantity of juice.
- The advantage is that the press has a non-toxic certified lead-free coating thereby making it safe.
- This processor has separate jars for wet grinding, dry grinding, and juicing. You have a small jar for grinding chutneys.
- The centrifugal juicer is perfect for extracting juice from all types of fruits and vegetables like apples and carrots and so on.
- All-purpose food processor capable of performing a variety of jobs
- Maintains high safety standards
- Powerful motor and comprehensive attachments
- Makes comparatively less noise when compared to other food processors of similar size
- A heavy appliance, hence constant shifting is not possible
- The cost of the device can also be a discouraging factor for many
Verdict: Inalsa has a reputation for manufacturing excellent kitchen appliances. This food processor is worth buying as it caters to almost all kinds of cooking-related jobs.
5. Philips Food Processor HL 1661
- Check Price at Amazon
This Philips food processor is a compact machine that can replace the wet grinding machine, the juicer, and the mixer. This multipurpose appliance is an integral component of almost every kitchen in India today.
- This appliance is easy to assemble because of its compact design.
- The small jar is perfect for making chutneys. The blender is the ideal one to prepare lip-smacking milkshakes and smoothies.
- This food processor features sharp stainless steel blades to make it easy for you to slice and shred vegetables and make the perfect salads and toppings.
- The mixing-grinding jar is the best one for grinding masalas, chutneys, and other edible pastes.
- This appliance comes with a juicer arrangement for juicing hard and soft fruits. The juicer is strong enough to handle carrots and apples besides oranges and tomatoes.
- Chopping onions and other vegetables become easy because of the sharp chopping blades.
- The main bowl has a capacity of 2.1 litres whereas the jars have a storage capacity of one litre.
- The powerful motor ensures efficient performance every time.
- This appliance features PowerChop technology to chop your vegetables. This technology constitutes an excellent combination of blade shape, cutting angle, and inner bowl to cater to both hard and soft ingredients accordingly.
- Each of its components is dishwasher safe.
- The sturdy base of the processor ensures to maintain perfect balance when kneading your dough.
- Impeccable performance and exquisite looks
- Ideal kitchen mate for your homemaker
- Powerful motor to ensure the highest degree of efficiency
- Easy to use operational controls
- Compact design that is not only safe but also occupies less space
- Pricing is on the higher side
- The juicer arrangement could have been better.
Verdict: Apart from catering to various responsibilities to help the homemaker prepare delicious food for the family, the Philips Food Processor adds to the elegance of the kitchen with its exemplary appearance. It is indeed a stand-out appliance in any kitchen.